2009/06/18

" I am German!"

My the other project is doing the research for a German auto carwashing service company, which wants to expand the business by opening a car wash spot or joining venture in China.

Had skype conference call between Rotterdam(Holland) and Duessedorf(Germany) with the manager, after the cozy opening, the first sentence is " The Chinese are like followers".

(Here I need to explain a bit, Chinese here means language, and we had finished the draft report, and the purpose of the meeting is for advice. And the biggest report were written by three Chinese girls, includes me)


And the next sentence is " I am German!"

First sentence we were confused, and second sentence we were even more. Of course he is German, and what does the meaning of flowers. He started to explain, " I am German(come on, again?), why, I can always find negative points, or I want to find, it doesn't mean your report is bad, opposite, I am impressed. (ahahaa....breath out) ,But( hold on the breath again....and "but "always follows the more important point), there are still some points I am missing, for example.........."

Ok, the long meeting started like this.............


Staying abroad, can always feel the culture difference. Not only start understanding the western culture, but also realizing my own culture. And realize some points I also do not like, I call it
" too Chinese". In general, I could realize Chinese like this, Germans are more like that, or Dutch are more like the other points, a group of same nation always stands for one kind of culture. There are may some different between diferent individules, but also can find some commons. Actually, I like the trend of culture globlization. Too extream in one point I do not like that, with differnt cultures, I can always get the positive points, and try to understand people, compromise between each other, and compare if I am too fanatic. I always believe that the idea is not always good and right, need to find out what can be better.

No comments: